Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life is ALL About Friendship...

When people ask me..."Michele, why are you always happy?" I generally respond with the same answer..."Life is good, family is wonderful and my friends are at what keep me going!" What makes a a good friendship? I have been asked this many times and after much contemplation my answer is 'loyalty and integrity.' I have decided to write an article around the words that I feel are essential to any friendship and of course the words integrity, and loyalty rank high amongst them. Friends are the fundamental element on which our life and the journey of relationships are based. It is all about meeting people who can really become true best friends. A person need not just have one best friend. I have several generous friends that have always stood by me. Can you honestly, tell the difference between an ordinary and a loyal friend? My friends are extraordinary!

There are a lot of things that a true friend is, and for those that I have, I say thank you for always having my back, for not judging me, for supporting me when things went good as well as when things went not so good...but most of all I say thank you for never letting me down, for never giving up on me, and for never throwing in the towel when so many others would have. Whether I see you all every day or once a year, or not for 5 years, I have much respect for all of my friends and appreciate their support and wisdom. We live in a world where selfishness seems to be the rule of the day, and personal gain the objective of most relationships and endeavors. One of the most honorable character traits a person can develop is the ability to be loyal.

There is a difference between an ordinary and a loyal friend. It is the support and care they provide. True and loyal friends will always stand by your side and they will ultimately provide you what you need in any of the circumstances. You would be able to take out a lot from his or her company and knowledge. They won’t ask for a payback even if they do a lot. You should consider the difference between an ordinary and a loyal friend so you can have a group of people that are worthwhile and essential. A friend's loyalty is a wonderful virtue. When loyalty is missing other values will certainly suffer in any friendship. This is a quality that you should look for in a friend, as friendships can be very complicated at times, but loyalty between friends will hold the friendship together.

Do you completely understand what being loyal means? You must be willing to allow your own interests to take second place to be truly loyal to another person or cause. Loyalty is simply the act of putting someone or something else ahead of ones self.

Look for reward and appreciation in your efforts to be loyal. Being loyal to an unappreciative person or group is not very rewarding, and although this implies a selfish motivation for your loyalty, it is a practical thing to expect the person or group to which you give your loyalty to be loyal to you in return. My friends all knew how difficult and how extremely challenging the business world would be for me, especially since I declined so many offers of investors. The problem.issues that were attached with taking on an investor or more was that my hard work was about to get put on the back burner and I would pretty much be working in a sense for them. I was not at all willing to give up share of my hard work for someone else that dangled cash in front of me. I'm sorry, but no job, nor my integrity, blood sweat and tears was worth that to me. These were my dreams and my visions that I have had and shared with my friends for as long as I can remember, and making these dreams my reality didn't come easy. I work endless hours, I have taken classes and more classes. I push myself and keep on pushing because one day, my dreams are for my business names to be known and when they are..., it will all of been worth this tough road that I have traveled for the past few years.

My grandmother used to always say that if you were going to dream, to dream BIG! That's how I was raised and that is how I raised both of my children. If you don't fail, you've never tried. If you give up, you'll never know, and if you quit, someone else will jump on the chance to steal your thunder. I am blessed with the friends and family in my life, for if it not have been for so many of you, I would not be the person that I am today...a woman with high hopes that wants to make life better, reality more than just a dream, and a work environment a much better place.


www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com










No comments:

Post a Comment