Saturday, June 9, 2012

What is Greed?

Greed is a term that describes ruthless people with naked ambition, people with an insatiable appetite for riches, those who give new meaning to the word selfish. Greed evokes images of the rich and famous playing with lavish toys such as luxurious yachts, expensive furs, and mansions that resemble palaces. Think women dripping in diamonds and middle-aged men in expensive sports cars. To greedy people, it’s as much about flaunting material trappings as it is about winning the game...but greed isn't just about being rich, in fact there are greedy people that I know that have little money, but they are ruthless in a variety of ways that shames the society in which we live.You cannot bring greed out of a selfless person; you can only bring up to the surface personality traits that were already there. People blame "society" for their problems when they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

 It’s critical, however, not to equate success and wealth with greed. The fact is, many successful people give generously of their wealth and/or their time. It’s also true that you don’t have to be particularly wealthy in order to be able to give. As Mother Teresa once said, “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed one.” Sad as it is in today's society, I know people that wouldn't even want to feed one. My question is what the hell happened? For me, this is quite difficult because I was raised in a household where we loved not only one an other, but we loved and cared for many. I was raised to do for others and then do for myself, which is how I still am and how my children have been raised. Not all people think like me though and put everyone else ahead of themselves.

Let's look at stages of greed shall we?

How many of you recognize this type? I worked for a woman that fit this to a "T" a few years ago. I call her the “bystander." Oh they do everything they can to get out of work which makes them very greedy people. While colleagues work at a frantic pace doing all of the work, selfish people work hard to avoid it at all costs. They spend their days looking busy and important moving piles of papers on their desk and acting like they have a lot of work to do while they watch everyone else go crazy. These people wouldn’t lift a finger if their life depended on it...and why the hell should they, they'll sit back and reap the rewards of doing the job by them self while the person (people) that actually did all the work gets little or no credit at all.

How about those who "cheat the system?"  Greedy people look for clever ways or loopholes to outsmart rules and regulations, designed to protect the system, for personal gain. Although their actions may be entirely legal, greedy people evade their responsibilities by offloading the costs to others. This type of person is the "all about ME" person that wants it all and basks in the glory. Greedy people also have very strong opinions about issues but expect others to shoulder the burdens.Shame on you.

Greedy and selfish people are what I call the "something for nothing" kind of people....
 I know this type and I'm sure that you do too! They are first in line to ask for more but last in line to put in the work required to earn the rewards. Instead of adopting the view that everyone benefits as the pie gets larger, they just want the pie...and they don't want to share any pieces of it.  To them, life is a competition. They feel they deserve a larger piece, even at someone else’s expense, and they’re going to take it.Greedy people care about their needs today and kick problems down the road for others to cope with in the future. They put band-aids on problems rather than solving the root cause. Why? Well it's far easier for them of course and far less work.

So when will they learn? Probably never...They’re like sharks that spend their entire life hunting and consuming. All the oceans in the world can’t satisfy these eating machines. A lot of this they learn from their upbringing. So, as I have stated in many articles before....take time with your family. Teach your kids to love other and to respect them as they would want to be respected. If you don't, chances are that  your child will become just like you if you are greedy and selfish. "Cat's in the Cradle" song was mentioned in an article not all that long ago and it is certainly the truth. I don't know about you all but I took the time the time to show my children kindness, love, an dhow to share what you have with someone who has very little.  Hate was never a word that was allowed in our household. I raised my children to love others and to be nice to everyone. Do for others as you would want someone to do to you.... for someday you may run into a situation where you need help and if you are selfish and greedy having made your life 'all about you' it will be quite difficult finding someone to bail you out.

Remember to be  kind and loving. Give to others who need it, not because you have to, but because you want to. After my divorce people came to my rescue and helped me out tremendously and without family and friends I would have had a really difficult time starting a life over when I was used to and expected so much, but because of of these wonderful people my life is better today and I owe all of what I am and who I am to a large number of them that had a positive effect not only my life but that of my children. I am not trying to 'harp on people about being greedy and selfish, I'm just simply stating to 'think before you DO' because it will come back to bite you in the ass one day!



www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com


 




No comments:

Post a Comment