Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What is being STUBBORN?

Listen, I wrote the book on it. I used to make my mother so angry...and I still do. Why? Well,  generally it's my way or the highway. I pull the old "Lalala I Can't Hear You" card. When I want to get something done there is NO stopping me and I am hell bent on doing it,...just ask my family. The word "NO" is not part of my vocabulary. If you say no, I say yes. So how stubborn am I? Well, I might piss you off, and you may not like me, but guess what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't let others rain on my parade. Life is far too short to care about what everyone else thinks. Do what is best for you! So stubborn kicks in and we all get to know this word quite well. Let me just start by saying that some words just get a real bad reputation, and “stubborn” just so happens to be one of them. Maybe it’s because we’ve all been called stubborn at some point in our lives, and it probably wasn’t meant in a positive way. But sometimes being stubborn can be the best thing for you!

So, what about being stubborn is good? When you stick to your guns to get what you know is the right thing for you. When you are true to yourself. Being stubborn can end up ruining your chances in life if you don't learn to put limits on your stubbornness. Sometimes standing your ground is important but so is compromise, so is cooperation, and so is collaboration. If you are finding that it is all about you when you put down that foot and firmly refuse to budge on anything, then perhaps it is time to start realizing that your demands are too demanding on others and are likely getting you alienated from activities, friendships, and even good job prospects. It is time to change and take charge of your wish to be so stubborn; temper it with the reality that all humans need to get along and none of us perfect, nor right, a lot of the time. This is when others finally begin to take you serious!

 Remind yourself that you are not always right. While listening to someone talk, you may think in your head that everything they say is wrong because you heard "the right way." Remember that what you may have heard may not be the right thing and they could be right instead. And your opinion is not the only one that matters, neither are your knowledge necessarily correct. You have to accept that you learn something new everyday, even if it overwrites something that you maybe thought you already knew. This was difficult for me to write to you because I cannot take my own advice. I am as thick headed and as stubborn as they come. I'm great at telling you all how to 'not be stubborn' but it's not that easy...and it's my Irish blood! I'm not always right, but I'll fight tooth and nail to say that I am, without hesitation.

Keep an open mind. Don't have prejudice, or judge people. Enter any discussion and situation with an open, positive mind, allowing you to thoroughly rethink and consider any persons opinions before taking rash decisions because of the judgement that you may have at that moment.

 Trust other people, not just yourself! For me this is a real big issue. So many people in my life over and over have let me down that I have this stone wall built up around me and it is really hard to get in. As mentioned though, you are not always right, and I'm not always right. I do admit when I am wrong. Trust that other people aren't as selfish as you think they are. They're not going to take advantage of you the second you stop fighting tooth and nail for your objectives. For the odd ones who do, it becomes apparent very quickly and you can then distance yourself, reminding yourself that what matters is, you did your part, you at least tried.

 Try to understand that being stubborn is good in some cases... In a case where you know that you are right, or you are defending something dear, and in a case that the decision is yours to take, and the consequences are your to face, then you might be right to be stubborn. Realize that these moments may appear any time and you won't always know how to react, but you should go with your instinct follow your gut because my grandmother always told me that it will NEVER steer you wrong, and be a strong person! Think positive!


www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment