Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What's Your Creative Potential?

There have been so many times over the last several years that I have focused on goals to better my life and those around me. Some times I made good decisions and sometimes they were...well lets just say "not so good." You learn from your mistakes, and although none of us like to fail at anything...it makes us stronger and it builds character. What I learned from trial and error was that we all have a natural talent within that at some point needs to be unleashed, mine happens to be in the lingerie industry. Building a company that one day I can leave for my two kids to run whether it be a large company or a very small 'mom and pop' type store is still something that I did from a passion within that suited me. For so many years I had a dream and believe it or not, what I learned was that there is creativity lurking within all of us, sometimes you just have to dig deep to find it!  Creativity is simply thinking in a unique way. When you approach a situation, as long as you keep thinking of new ways to solve problems, you're thinking creatively. You must follow your heart and as I say; "If you're going to dream...DREAM BIG!"

Here are some ways to discover your inner creative potential:

1. Do What Makes You Happy. You may already have an idea about what you might like to do creatively, but you may be afraid of failure so you don't try at all. OK, lose that attitude now! Wouldn't you rather try something and fail than have 20 years pass and wonder "What If?" The only failure is if you give up before you start. So what if you fall flat on your face? So what if people are judging you? Adopt the "you only live once" attitude and go for it! Life is too short. Do you really think that I care if people agree with me? Do you really think that I give a rats ass if I get made fun of? NO, why? At least I am doing what I want and trying to be successful. Follow your heart...there you'll find your passions in life.

2. Try, Try Try Again. Let's say that you feel your true calling is film making. You take a class, but your teacher doesn't like your work. What do you do? Do you give up or keep going? The answer's obvious: pick yourself up and keep learning the craft! Sooner or later you'll get the idea and you'll figure out a way that works best for you to make things work. Take another class or create a film on your own. As long as you're enjoying yourself, learning, and practicing, you'll create your own version of success! 

3. Never Stop Thinking... Of course you never really stop thinking. However, you need to always be thinking new thoughts, solutions, and ideas, especially in mundane situations. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a thought or an idea, which is now why I put a night stand next to my bed with a notepad and pen on it. My thoughts come to me at various times and when they do, I write my ideas down. You must not just accept that things are done a certain way - you need to expand your thinking and keep coming up with new ways to do old tricks. Think outside of the box!!

4. Where is the Inspiration? When you follow what truly inspires you, creativity just comes along for the ride. Let's say you always wanted to start a business. That doesn't sound terribly creative on its own, especially if it's a type of business that already exists. But your inspiration will spark your creativity as you decide how your business will stand out from the competitors. Where is your inspiration? Dig deep, and when you find what it is that truly inspires you, your creative mind will blossom with ideas!

5. Stay Calm. Avoid situations where you feel overly stressed or uptight. If you're like most people, you'll likely do most of your creative thinking in a calm environment. Too much stress can hinder your creative mind, so remember to take breaks when needed. (I need to practice what I preach on this one...there are times where I don't take a break for hours or days even...)

Act on Your Ideas
There is only one true way to discover if your creative ideas will be successful. You need to make a plan and follow through with it. Some people are held back by fear of failure, financial constraints, or other setbacks. But if you truly want to accomplish your creative goals, you'll need to figure out a way to get past the hurdles!

What's Your Idea?
Remember: there is creativity inside of you, just waiting to be tapped! What are you waiting for?
If you have a passion in life, you can bring creativity to that passion. Remember though, this is the pursuit of 'your' happiness...it's not always going to be easy.... so don't get angry,  get creative! 


www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment