Friday, August 5, 2011

You Don't Own Me

Here it is, plain as the nose on your face; It's an acknowledged fact that most people really don't like themselves to some degree.We believe that our ability to give our love to others is conditioned by the love we have for ourselves. If this is your attitude it's time for a serious makeover! If we lack self-worth how can we believe that anyone else can love us? Ladies,...if you lack confidence, you need to dig deep and find it. Confidence is what sets you apart from all the other women! Take control of "You!" Don't let someone run your life or tell you how to live....shame on you if you do! It's time for a true "me" makeover if you find yourself caught in this web. The good news is; it can be fixed! You just have to believe in yourself!

We may have been by indoctrination to give way to others, or speak only when spoken to, or you may have grown up to believe others to be more worthy than you.
Please don't confuse your worth with your current behavior or the behavior of others towards you.
The need for other peoples approval is dangerous.
When you desire approval it's a positive attribute but to need approval is limiting your freedom of action. What others think of you becomes more important than what you think of yourself. There is no situation in which you can please everybody, whatever you do will upset somebody, therefore look upon some disapproval as being inevitable and learn to live with it. I piss people off all the time, but guess what....something my grandmother used to say stuck; "You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please everyone all of the time!" Once I figured that out, things got a whole lot better!

Seeking other peoples approval results in a number of really negative impacts upon your life.

1) Other people control your happiness because they disapprove of you.
2) Because they are controlling how you feel, change is difficult for you.
3) The negative feelings reinforce your poor self image, encourage self pity and will certainly rob you of the motivation to take more positive action toward yourself.
4) They reinforce the idea that you are not personally responsible for the outcome of your life as they control you both inside and out.
Are you a puppet? NO! SO don't let someone else yank at your strings!

OK,...so now, lets check some of the labels you have adopted as yours:
I'm shy, I'm lazy, I'm stupid. I'm fat. I'm not popular. I'm ugly. I'm no good.....
Oh boy gals,...These labels reinforce your self defeating behavior from the past.
There are a number of tactics you can use to eliminate these negative beliefs. You've got to shake these ladies!!!

1) Until now, many people have chosen to be this way...so turn it around!
2) Inform those near to you that you are denouncing those "I'ms."
3) Set your mind to change the negative thoughts or beliefs you have about yourself and start being more positive! Start RIGHT NOW!!!
4) Start a journal to log your destructive behavior...you;ll be amazed when you look back on this even a month from now.....and some day you'll thank me.
5) Change these following neurotic sentences. Turn the;
That's me - into - That was me.
I can't help it - into - I can change my attitude if I work at it.
I've always been this way - into - I am going to be different. Hey listen, Rome wasn't built over night, so don;t expect a drastic change, BUT you'll start noticing improvements and you'll love what you see! Don;t let people try to tell you what to do or say. You have a mind, so use it.

Make it happen ladies! Take control of your life and to those people or men that think they hold power over you, or control you and your ways.....Say this: You don't own me!


www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com




No comments:

Post a Comment