Friday, August 12, 2011

You Are My Family....


Where does one begin? You have no idea how enlightening it was for me to be awakened this morning to a variety of comments regarding my blog page. It was not even 7:00 am and I sat in my bed with reading glasses on, messy bed head hair, make up still half on and all over my face..yes, I was going for the Lady Gaga look....(I know, I ask myself...what man in his right mind wouldn't want this?) and my computer on my lap reading the wonderful, kind and such thoughtful notes from strangers whom are now my circle of friends and my extended family. I read comments about what you like and what you don't like, what you would enjoy reading about in the future and what continues to keep bringing you back.

With so many things to read via the Internet and so many writers out there just waiting to share with their readers literature that will add a touch of warmth to you and make you smile, especially if you're having a bad day, ...to all of you I say "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart. I never realized how much what I said and thought would come to life in such a way. I think long and hard before I write what I write, and often, it may not be what people want to read, or what they want to hear...guess what? Freedom of speech and I enjoy participating!  We don't always like what we hear, but sometimes, after it soaks into our nuggets, we have more time to ponder it and often more so than not, we learn that what I said made some sense.

I read over a dozen comments that gave me even more encouragement to write and to extend myself to even more people. I can view where my readers come from, and it astonished me to see that not only were they from the USA and Canada, but Russia, UK, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Singapore, Turkey, Brazil, India, Egypt and other areas.

WOW! I was simply amazed...and taken back, truly I was. I want to get around the globe. I said from the time I was a little girl that I wanted to visit the entire country....little did I know my adventure has already begun, with you, my readers that tune in daily to read my blog and to see what crazy, nutty thing I'm going to write about today? I personally just like to keep it real.

This blog which was only supposed to serve as a link to my lingerie sites has gone over and beyond doing that. I thought "Why not share my life with you and my thoughts?" Sure we like to look hotsie totsie for our man....here you get a two for one! Beautiful lingerie at inexpensive prices and me! Bet you are thinking now that you got wayyy more than you ever bargined for? I figured this might give you a little insight on me, and never did I think that I would get so much exposure in such little time. If each of you whom read this would retweet it or share it with someone you know...we'd be able to touch upon new faces, and new subject lines. I get new customers daily at my lingerie site and my travel store, and I develop new relationships with all of you, here, whether it be on your 15 minute break, your lunch hour, your subway commute home or at the kitchen table at 11 o'clock at night before you turn in. Who could ever want anything more than this? From the bottom of my heart, behold your gentle embrace....Merci'

From the time I was young, I had a difficult time reading. I got bored rather quickly, and unless it was a topic or was worded "just so" I lost interest in a real hurry. When I write I try to make my subjects real and my words come to life, that way,...you'll not only understand what I am saying, but hopefully at times, you can put yourself in my shoes and wonder why I do what I do, and why I did what I did. Life is quite simple actually...find your happiness and you are golden. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed, and never, ever, ever give up. No and quit are two words that are not found in my vocabulary. I am "me" plain and simple.

My grandmother always use to say " “Always be a first-rate version of yourself rather than a second-rate version of somebody else.” You have to love who you are and be happy with it. It isn't about pleasing you...my words that come to me, and that are spoken through me are alluring, captivating and enduring. If I could make just one person smile today that was having a shitty day, I've done well. I have imperfections, sure I do....(ya think?) but I don't let that stop me...I wear my heart on my sleeve and you either like me, or you don't. To those why don't,...shame on you. I always say, never judge a book simply based on the cover alone...you miss all the good stuff stuck in between the pages, and it's that combined with my on going laughter that generally makes this book a difficult one to put down. I tell it like it is, and I call it like I see it. It is what is is. I hate that saying but it't the only way to explain what makes me do what I do. Love who you are.....there is no one else in this world like YOU! Unique, and exquisite...take a look in the mirror. You are beautiful!

I guess that for me, writing was always a way to show my thoughts through my words and as Madonna once said "Express Yourself." I kept a journal after my divorce and during my the time I was ill, and now, today when I glance back upon it I wonder sometimes "How did you do it?" Honestly, you just do. You push, and push and keep on truckin' especially when you have children to take care of that are depending, and relying on you. Never look back on the bad, just focus on the good and keep moving forward. Live each day in happiness and without regret. Make your bucket list! Knock your wishes off one by one. Don't let life pass you by...get out there an live it! Enjoy life to the fullest and appreciate all that you have regardless of if it is a lot or a little. Never allow yourself to think that someone is better than you, or that you are not good enough for behind those peoples doors and walls they are human just like you and I and believe it or not I'll bet you that they have problems too! The problem is that there are too many phony bolognas out there and they make the world look spectacular through their eyes. Guess what? Those are some special effect 3D glasses they have on because life is not that easy and under all the stern rough edges and strength they protrait, they might be sad or unhappy just like you and I are sometimes.

I was raised never to judge, for we know not why people do the things that they do...all we can do is love them for who they are and accept them with flaws and all. None of us are perfect. We all make mistakes.
I will continue to write about things that I enjoy writing about...things that bring smiles to your faces each and everyday. I would really like to hear your thoughts and comments, share with me your experiences,...
so please, good or bad keep them coming...it gives me something to think about and you never know, you may be the anomoyous topic of my next blog! Again, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for opening your arms to a complete stranger and for making me feel like the queen on a throne. You deserve the best in life, so if the time isn't right, then move on! Second best was never enough so I decided to do the rest on my own. I'll be here for you every day come rain, shine, snow or sleet...thank you for giving me such a wonderful reason to write, and an opportunity to express myself. Isn't the internet great? Where else could one touch so many lives without having to leave their own home? My gratitude is unmeasurable.


Have faith, have hope and don't say "nope!" Look at life through your kaleidoscope eyes like I do and search for that ray of light that warms your soul and remember, you are my sunshine!


~With Love,
MssDelicious



http://www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com/





© This article is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie.




1 comment:

  1. MssDelicious,

    Thank you for giving us continued enjoyment and laughter! You bring smiles to many, tears of joy and the things you say are hilarious sometimes! We love you! We appreciate you because you "keep it real!"

    Like a Good Neighbor,
    Your Michigan State Farm is there.

    **The gals at a local office converse and read your blogs at lunch time! You make our day!

    ReplyDelete