Thursday, August 11, 2011

What Does Happiness Mean To You?



What is the purpose of life? It is to become happy. Whatever country or society people live in, they all have the same deep desire: to become happy. Yet, there are few ideals as difficult to grasp as that of happiness. In our daily life we constantly experience happiness and unhappiness, but we are still quite ignorant as to what happiness really is. I'll be honest here,...it took years before I really understood what true happiness was, and yes, I will elaborate. While I am telling you about my life and my story, think about yours.

When I think of think about real "true" happiness, I think of my family, my friends and all of my loved ones, past, present and future that will complete my circles of life. My past, the friends, and family members that were so important to me. My grandparents whom nevertheless without them, their love and moral support, I would not be the woman that I am today. My parents, and siblings and most of all my children, (my son and daughter) for whom I wake up and breathe air everyday. They continue to raise my spirits when I am down, and life them to bring me back up. They make me laugh until I cry. Some of the best times of your life are spent with those people around you to make your life a happy place. So you have a happy place?

When I am asked what I see as happy, that's quite an easy answer,...life. Life makes me happy. Having been through so many ups and downs in my 47 years, I have come to one conclusion...we experience all that we do for a reason. Most often we have no idea what in the world this is, but as life is unraveled, things become more and more clear and we see life through a new set of eyes. I found that my eternal happiness came from within. I have heart,..and I intend to make certain that my family, my children and hopefully some day my grandchildren will carry on my form of happiness.

Had I not experienced some of the things that I have over the course of my lifetime, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today and I certainly would not be as business savvy. I used to be the woman who let people walk all over me...why? That's a pretty easy one,..I trusted too much. Trusting isn't a bad thing, trusting the "wrong" people is a bad thing! People who are negative in our lives have a certain way of bringing us down. If you have people in your life who are the real "Debbie Downers" and really like to only see the glass 1/2 empty, it's time to reevaluate your life and redefine what happiness means to you!

You see, defining happiness can seem as elusive as achieving it. We want to be happy, and we can say whether we are or not, but can it really be defined, studied and measured? Can we use this learning to become happier? We sure can! Psychologists say yes, and that there are good reasons for doing so. Positive psychology  is “the scientific study of the strengths and virtues that enable individuals and communities to thrive.” These researchers’ work includes studying strengths, positive emotions, resilience, and happiness. Their argument is that only studying psychological disorders gives us just part of the picture of mental health. We will learn more about well-being by studying our strengths and what makes us happy. The hope is that by better understanding human strengths, we can learn new ways to recover from or prevent disorders, and may even learn to become happier.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine what makes us happy....take a good look around you... look at how many people that are in your life day in and day out bring a positive tribute of aspiration to you? These people rarely even know what their influence does and they might not know how much they influence us each and every day. They ask for nothing in return, in fact, their just happy being happy, and seeing others happy.
Life is simple. It isn't about how much you make, or what size your house is, or how expensive your car, toys, and or vacation homes are...those are things that almost anyone can obtain if they play their cards right and prosper in finance...they may have a lot of material things but my guess is, most of these people who brag and try do desperately to show off what they have are lonely, sad and wouldn't know true happiness if it just up and bit them in the ass. It's not too late to change your ways...life is so special.

Maybe some of you still aren't getting it...I understand. I didn't either. I was one of these people that thought happiness what what you had. Throughout everything I experienced, I simply wasn't seeing it. I took for granted so many things. Like many of you, we get consumed in our busy lives. What I learned along the way was impeccable. I learned that life is so precious and that if nothing else, we should find our happiness and enjoy every moment of it.

My grandmother used to tell me that I had a special gift. She said that one day I would find a way to make people happy, to make them smile, laugh and feel good. Writing allows me to be myself, express myself and share with all of you, my new extended family my sorrows, joys and most of all my happiness. I started a few small businesses because I wanted more for myself. I wanted something to build from the ground up. I wanted to watch it grow and nurture it so that some day, when my days are few and my happiness is passed forward, my children will have something to carry on and smile about. My happiness is my lingerie business, Simply Delicious Lingerie, and my sister company that was born less than a year ago, Simply Luscious Lingerie. This will launch in the late fall, a plus size lingerie store. I am quite excited to share my happiness with women that have a difficult time finding lingerie and intimate apparel that is right for them, nonetheless one that shows off their beautiful curves!

It is easy to look at someone and judge them, but don't, please...if you only look at the cover and don't take the time to flip through the pages, you'll miss the best part of the book. What lies within the chapters are far better than reading the cliff notes to get the answers. Happiness come from within. Open your heart,...you'll be amazed at what you find. You hold the key, you hold happiness in your own hands...



http://www.simplydeliciouslingerie,com/



© This article is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment