Thursday, August 4, 2011

How about Golf?

You don’t need to be a pro in order to play golf but you can be like a pro if you like.....or so that's what they say....try telling that to my physical education teacher I had during my freshman year of high school when all I wanted to do was learn the game, so I took golf for gym class. Oh I was so excited! Back then in the late seventies early eighties, not many girls played the sport, and half of the reason that I did was because half of the football team too the sport. I was always thinking on my toes. I have boys at my finger tips! I waited so long and then it happened.... 

A few days later my parents got a letter that they were taking me out of that class and putting my back in another gymnastics class where I could "bop around freely" as they so called it and "bounce off walls" on rubber mats....I should fill you in....at practice the second day of golf class I was that one student that didn't listen...dropped her ball and smack....there it went right through the vertical shaped tinted window at school. Not a cheap window either I might add. They said that my swing was too wild...I say, they just didn't give me the chance to practice the game. I was a female Tiger Woods in the making, they just missed this window of opportunity!

I never gave up on golf, in fact, I played putt-putt...don't laugh, it felt good to have a club in my hand regardless of what type it was. Later in life and after I divorced, I need something to focus my energies on so I went to the driving range....a lot!!! I went through a lot of balls, but began getting better and paying more attention to my mistakes so that I could really do well. A few years later and with some practice here and there I was doing well. Now I have a torn rotator cuff and I am slowly getting back into the swing of my game....I am the beer babe for now. Still a reckless one too I might ad. I realized something though....The fact of golf remains the same. Women are now enjoying being part of this sport and more are becoming interested to learn about this game. For some this is just a past time or hobby but for others it becomes a professions.Whatever motivates you to choose this kind of sport does not matter, what you need to do is have fun doing it and focus if you wish to become a true golf professional.
Women and golf....Let me ask you this ladies? With the various ways to swing... How do you hold your golf clubs? Do you use the Overlapping, Interlocking or the Baseball grip way? Can you use all three? Did you know that some 85% of golfers ( which includes women) don't grip the club correctly.  Sound advice is to use a light grip pressure. Gripping the club too tight could cause thin, weak shots that slice. No one likes to just slice it. A lighter grip gives you better wrist hinge which is a vital power source in the swing.
Grip the club as if you were holding a baby bird in your hands, on a scale of 1 to 10 grip pressure should be around 4 or 5.  I find that it it quite an entertaining sport, can be stressful if you are a real competition, or you can do it to spend more time with your spouse, loved ones, or friends. Let's get to the basics...if this is something that you'd like to do, or if you already do it and want to enhance the game...go for it. Since we're on the subject...How is your game? I've pondered really getting better at it. Perhaps, after my shoulder injury, it will be something to consider.



http://www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment