Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Follow Your Dreams...

Are you happy with your life? Are you doing what makes you happy? Are you one of those people that dream the dream but are too afraid to make it your destiny? Often you know, we associate "dream" to mean deepest desire, vision or ambition, and "follow your dreams" to mean pursuing your deepest desires.What if "dream" were to be interpreted as internal wisdom, and "follow your dreams" meant to be guided and inspired in unique and profound ways by our internal wisdom?

 My grandmother gave me wonderful advice before she passed away. She said Michele, "Dare to Dream" to become who you were always destined to be..."Follow your Dreams" and you will be led to the place you were always destined to go.Wise words from my best friend. I was raised to listen to my heart, but to follow my gut. This time, both my heart and my gut were in tune with one another, and that rarely happens. It was time for me to really take a good hard look at my own life and decide what I wanted and what was best for me.

The dream...You’ve carried that vision with you for months or years — possibly since you were a little kid. Yet you’ve kept deferring the dream. It’s never the right time; you’re too busy with “real” life; you lack motivation or money. Pursuing something so far outside the realm of your current reality can seem pie-in-the-sky, selfish, and oh so risky. But truth be told, not acting on a life dream can also be detrimental to your health.

 I could not have predicted what was about to happen to me, but it would be the most amazing ride of my life. You see, my inspiration and moving out of my comfort zone feeling had begun. What a relief! This was so incredible that I could hardly believe it.There was a level of integrity, honesty and realness about my ideas that was like nothing that I had ever experienced before, Oh, I thought about it for years,..I just never thought I would have the opportunity to act on it.

Let's go backward for a moment shall we? My parents wanted me to be a nurse. My dream was to get married and have a family. So I did.  I got married at age 19 moved out of state and started a family. At 35 I was divorced, a single mother of 2 and on an income that I was not at all accustom to. I worked some real shitty jobs and for people who took the word 'boss' to a record low of 'how to be an asshole',...but I also worked for some really great people too. Nonetheless, my heart was never fully in any of them- at least not like this. I came to the realizations that I was not daring to dream. I couldn't allow myself to financially ruin a family that took me almost 10 years to rebuild. After much consideration, and hearing my grandmothers voice, I decided that this is what I really want to do with my life. It was all or nothing. I was going to build a lingerie boutique online and later develop a sister company just for plus size women come hell or high water. Rich or poor I would find my own happiness.

There was no doubt or thought as to how this could happen; I just knew that I wanted this to work. I wanted to be able to help people, connect them to their inspiration self so that they could feel possibility in their lives. There is no other way for a woman to feel good and confident other than wearing sexy lingerie. Underwear is NOT just underwear. If you think that it is oh do you need help! Sexy lingerie sets the tone for how you feel, act and are perceived. No, others cannot see what you have on underneath, BUT you know what you are wearing and it makes you feel like a million bucks!

Every single thing in this world, that you enjoy and participate in – started as someone’s dream first. My grandmother used to say, If opportunity doesn't knock Michele, build a door. To be honest with you I have built so many doors that I could furnish an entire neighborhood of homes. Some would have given up...not I. When opportunity knocks, you have to let it in. Sometimes it comes in ways that we just aren’t opening to recognize. Other times it seems to come at the worst possible time, when you are already going through so much that adding one more thing would put you into overload. Believing in yourself, means believing in your dream. It means that no matter what your pessimistic side is telling you, you know there is a way to make it come true. Perhaps one of the greatest things to consider is the amount of regret. Every dream, can be mapped out into simple steps and stages. Once you are strong enough to believe in yourself and in your dream – you should set your goals and fly!

 People will laugh at you, and joke about what you do. My family does, so what would make anyone else different? The truth is,..I don't care. I do what makes me happy. I march to the beat of my own drum.,. I always have and I always will. I have enough confidence for 10 people. I am me, and I like who I am. My close friends that have always stood by me will tell you that this is and always was my dream, now my reality. My five year plan is to live on a beach, do what I love to do, and surround myself with my friends that always had my back for had it not been for them, and my grandmother, I would not be where I am today and I certainly would not be the woman that stands before you now. Ambition, Integrity, Love, Morals...you need these. I need these.

Hey, no one said that following your dreams would be easy. The sheer fact that you are constantly thinking about them or bombarded with new ideas and ways of achieving them, should give an immediate indication of how important they are to you. Living out your dreams and taking responsibility for living the life you really want through your dreams is the only way to live without regrets and resentment. The worst thing that could happen from following a dream, is that you would find a new one. Welcome to my world, the one place where I can be me. I owe this to my grandmother. Her love for me, and her inspiration for granny panties gave lingerie a whole new meaning, one that was destin to be my dream.




www.SimplyDeliciousLingerie.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment