Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Women at Work

Where are women in the business market place today? While many work in offices and retail stores, etc 3 shifts or the regular work week 9-5, others are getting creative and stepping out on the ledge so to speak. More and more they are starting up small businesses. Years ago we wouldn't think of getting gutsy in the business world.

 In Society today, There are two kinds of small business owners: Those who have the right attitude for success,who aren't afraid to take the bull by the horns, make a few mistakes to learn what they did wrong, and accept advice from peers to gain strength and get stronger.... and those who don’t. There are any number of reasons why people get into entrepreneurship, but some people get into it without realizing that they’re not actually cut out for this difficult work. Owning a business is no cup of tea for a lot of people....sure it sounds easy....but trust me, with dreams come the realities, sometimes good, and other times quite straining to ones mind. IT takes a lot out of you and with advertising and marketing alone, the costs and budgets fly high leaving some people to wonder "how am I going to do this?" ......When in fact the question a true believer will ask is "what steps do I need to take to get there?" OK, so that is the positive business owner.

 Meanwhile, others are seemingly born for this, having an instinctual proficiency for running a business and building it into something big. Sure big takes time. Rome wasn't built over night, but I'll bet they had awesome blueprints? However, even if you aren’t a natural businessperson, this doesn’t mean that you are necessarily doomed to fail. It’s all about what type of attitude you take toward your business, and practically everyone is capable of finding that right mindset. Gather your thoughts, take a deep breath and know that I started my own small businesses. It does take hard work everyday, but at the end of the day whether I win or lose, I know that I pushed myself to the limits and learned more today. Never fear asking for help or advice, in the business world, I am a proud woman who accepts advice and can also take ridicule. He who laughs, laughs last....I sell panties and lingerie for a living and I love it. Simply Delicious Lingerie was a dream that I had because I was tired of seeing women getting treated poorly if they weren't pretty enough, or skinny enough, or smart enough. Ladies, I am no beauty, and I have had my share of problems, come close to failing, but the words "No" "Quit" and "Fail" are 3 words not in my vocab, therefore, I find a way to rise above and just be me! Simply Delicious Lingerie is for the woman who is beautiful on the inside, but who doesn't know quite how to make that glow sparkle on the outside.....it's not all about the sexy lingerie, it's about how confident the woman wearing it is! I hope to make a difference.
If you think you can do something, you should try it.....no time like the present, and you can't fail if you don't try!Here are a few steps about success:

Understanding & Accepting that You Will Succeed

The first and most important element of a successful attitude and great peace of mind is to know that you are going to make it no matter what. See the glass half full! Many people are so filled with self-doubt that they hobble themselves from the beginning, lacking the confidence to take the bold steps and committed action needed to get a business off the ground. In contrast, when you are absolutely certain that you are going to succeed, you proceed with a great degree of self-assurance, and in many cases that self-assurance in itself leads to business success.
Meanwhile, having faith in your own success also helps you get through those difficult moments where the profits aren’t rolling in as you wish they were. People who aren’t cut out for this work tend to fold at these moments, telling themselves, “Well, I gave it my best shot,” and then calling it quits. What? Why? believe it or not, it happens, a lot.  However, if you truly believe in yourself, you will persevere through these moments, making the necessary adjustments to become profitable and keep growing. My grandmother used to tell me, "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!" Let me tell you....."I have built plenty!" I keep on knocking and knocking! I network and mingle and do what ever I can to get my business name out there.

Must Have Determination and a Hard Work Ethic

Of course, a lot goes in to running, and building your own business whether it be a franchise you have purchased or something created by you from the ground up. Honestly, if confidence were the only thing necessary for business success, then business would be easy, but there is more to it than that. This is a tough world! Successful entrepreneurs aren’t just confident; they also love their work, have passion for it, and approach it with an unquenchable determination. Not everyone can achieve this type of attitude. Successful people even revel in temporary failure, in a way, as these setbacks can prove instructive and, for a smart business owner, can lead to greater success. There are times when I felt as if I took three steps forward to take two steps back. It's never fun, but we learn. You push yourself harder, and you set higher goals.

In reality, it’s more than just an overall, philosophical love for one’s work. It’s also about having the right attitude to stick it through the daily bump and grind. Especially if you’re going to be running your business from home rather than from a traditional workplace, getting up every morning and setting to work with determination can become challenging at times. If you want to be successful, you’ll get through these moments. I get slack all the time from people..."Oh you get to sleep in" and "Oh, you don't have to fight the traffic from bed" Let me tell you something, as a single mom for the past 13 years, raising kids, putting them through private schools and college and to study abroad, I worked my ass off. I worked 2-3 jobs because education is an important gift and something every child should have. I didn't sit around with my feet up eating "Bon'Bons" all day....I was on the go go go. I worked 50-60 hours work weeks, cleaned the house, cooked the meals, and paid my bills....oh, and had cancer 4 times and had to deal with that. today with my businesses it's even more difficult and the hours are longer....it's not easy, and anyone who thinks that it is should seriously try it sometime. Owning my businesses had made me very strong both physically and mentally. Furthermore, anyone that can sit back and say that I am not a strong person truly doesn't know me or the strength and determination I have within, so sit back and look out. I have energy, strength, and an army of determination!  Journey once sang, "Don't Stop Believing" .....anything worth having is certainly worth fighting for! Nothing in life is easy, if it was, we'd all own a business.


In closing, to make a small business work, you have to be able to do this in the long run. Anyone can keep a positive attitude for a few weeks or even a few months, but to sustain it over the course of years is the real challenge. If you think you can do this, then starting a small business may be the perfect course for you. Find your inner strengths and your weaknesses and focus on each of them. I still make my list of "Pro's" and "Con's" before I take on a new task. Think smart, and don't put your buggy in front of the horse! You'll get run over and burn out. Like a candle, there are times where I burn at both ends,...not good for you, certainly not healthy, or so everyone keeps telling me....If owning a small business were so easy, everyone would be doing it. Set your priorities, gather your thoughts, have a solid business proforma and great moral support! Your key to success depends on you.

Women of the 21st century are setting out to establish their share of the market. Did you know that women are increasing their presence in the marketplace as successful business owners. In fact, women make up 40% of all entrepreneurs today. As they quickly approach their male counterparts, women face different decisions and challenges when becoming an entrepreneur.  Confidence is a MUST!! Ladies, if others are putting your ideas down, these are not the people to be around. Your friends and family should support you, if they don't it's time to reevaluate!


www,simplydeliciouslingerie.com




No comments:

Post a Comment