Saturday, July 9, 2011

Real Love Stories.......

It is so ironical that somehow all famous lovers never ever got a chance to live happily ever after. Sad, but so true..... yet, their names are etched in golden letters in the history of mankind. This famous love stories are a living proof that love is immortal. Though lovers die, love remains forever and does not let their sacrifices go waste. These popular love affairs are an inspiration to many around the world. Most youngsters smitten by love often become synonymous to these famous lovers. People give them names like Romeo-Juliet that proves that these famous lovers are a big inspiration for falling in love, never mind the consequences.

It is said that love conquers all. I am a firm believer in this.These young people gave their lives without even thinking twice. They just wanted to live together happily ever after. However, it is not that easy and we all know that fairy tales rarely come true. I am the one gal who is holding out for that fairy tale ending....I await my prince to take me away and show me a life like no other. A life of love and happiness. A life where just watching a ball game is romantic knowing that he isn't paying attention to the game as much as he is admiring me. I catch him from the corner of my eye looking at me and I wonder sometimes "What is he thinking?" Could we possibly make our own romantic history?

With these mentioned lovers, the trials and tribulations were braved, they wanted just to be with each other, that alone is enough to send shivers down the spine. Besides Romeo & Juliet, This couple stands out in my mind....Anthony & Cleopatra: One of the most famous love stories by William Shakespeare, the love saga of Antony and Cleopatra is a truly a fable of worshipping your beloved. Antony and Cleopatra epitomize that love is another name for sacrifice. Their love story is among the most tragic ones, where both the lovers die instead of living ‘happily ever after’. ‘Antony and Cleopatra’ is among the most popular plays by Shakespeare.

So, we've read about the lovers, and how they found one another only to end up alone, or having paid a serious price for love. The days of romance are long gone for many...some people just don't know how to romance someone at all. My Romeo has known me for a very long time.....after years we were reacquainted and we're taking it slow. It may only be friendship....it may never develop into anything more....somehow, I truly feel in my heart that as we spend time with one another, he'll see that we are more alike than he cares to admit, that we have a lot of the same traits, and qualities, and most importantly, care deeply for the well being of our children and extended family members. Ours is a story that began years and years ago on a suburban street in a small town where life was simple. We were both young when I first knew him....I took care of him when he was young and now, years later, I find him watching over me. We talk and laugh, share meals, and wine. His heart is big and his smile melts me. Some might say that this was a "Love Story" in the making. Something so unique that is unraveling sends chills down his spin and puts butterflies in my stomach. What if this couple one day were to end up together? Only time will tell....I'm taking it all in as  he is my friend and when he's not around, I ache for him. Could this be a real love story in the making or just a friendship on a long journey to pleasure, and erotic far away places in my dreams? We've waited for a long length of time to meet someone, and neither ever did. Why? Coincidence? Fate? Destiny? Like all love stories, there was a beginning, a middle, and there will be an ending......we know what happened to those romantics of the past.....as for my lover? You'll just have to stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment