Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Did someone say "Jimmy Choo?"

Someone asked me once if I bought my shoes at Target and I just about died.,...not that there is anything at all wrong with Target, in fact I shop there for everything....but the shoes that kept my feet so supportive, those that shined with elegance and comfort could have bought and paid for about 25 pair of shoes at Target vs what I had on my feet that fit like a glove......my Jimmy Choo's! I'm sorry, you can say what you want....but we women are fashionistas! Some women love handbags like myself, or sunglasses so I have Prada, Dior, Kate Spade and my favorites Jimmy Choo Rocks glasses. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

 This is going to sound terrible to some of you, but I'd rather go without food for a month than not be able to treat myself to a little impulse or splurge on something for "Me" ...which I very rarely do! Having been a single mother of two that attended private high schools and college, along with sending them to study abroad, I learned to not ask for things. I always made sure that I got the kids what they needed....those were my priorities first and foremost. Being their mother was an important job and their needs always seemed to come before my own. I am a very giving person. The kids are grown now, and I have my businesses that I work extremely hard for, so now, finally I feel that I deserve the good life, or at least a taste of it.

So many people ask, who is Jimmy Choo? This should be a name everyone knows, but few do unless you know fashion. Having two kids who shop these exclusive stores, one of them being a fashion major, knows names, quality and styles.
If you don't know who Jimmy is allow me to elaborate for a moment and give you a quickie  briefing. Jimmy Choo was born in 1961 in Malaysia to a family of shoemakers and wasted no time getting his career started: He reportedly made his first pair of shoes at the age of 11. The painstaking methods Choo used to create the shoes meant their availability was extremely limited. That changed when Mellon approached Choo in 1996 with the idea of mass-marketing fashionable, high-quality footwear for women. In 1997, the two opened the first Jimmy Choo boutique in London and began selling ready-to-wear women's shoes that were designed by Choo and produced at factories in Italy.

Choo himself, who sold his stake in the company in 2001, continues to handcraft shoes in London under the Jimmy Choo Couture label. In 2003, Queen Elizabeth II made him an officer of the Order of the British Empire. As of 2007, Jimmy Choo has more than 60 retail stores worldwide. The shoes are also available online and in department stores such as Neiman Marcus in the U.S. and Harrods in Great Britain, though certain styles are exclusive to Jimmy Choo boutiques. I am exclusive to Jimmy! I prefer the sunglasses over the shoes....I'm not a big shoe person, some women are. It's just hard to imagine that there are those who have no clue who/what Jimmy Choos is? Get with the program sisters! Next time you are out and about....window shop at a store that carries these shoes....you'll fall in love like I did! Find a Jimmy Choo store like I did....mine happened to be in the Houston Texas Galleria Mall.






© This article only is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE JIMMY CHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great article, and YES you do deserve it, we all do! Something for oneself is nice every now and again.

    Mandy Malone
    Philly, PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly we are true Choo lovers too!

    Meredith Brownly
    Nashville, TN

    ReplyDelete