Saturday, June 18, 2011

De-Stress your Move?

Moving is one of the most difficult things you'll ever do, with most feeling the stress build from the moment the decision is made. Find out how to cope with the move, with tips and suggestions for the whole family. Those who think moving is easy, I say "Who are you kidding?"
How to De-stress your Move:
Haha.,...NO SUCH THING! Are you serious? We all agree moving is stressful. Even though our family has moved only a few times, I still worry and have heart palpitations every time I think about packing up our home. So, to help you de-stress during a move, check out these useful tips and suggestions to ensure that your move is as serene as it can be. You might even be able to enjoy the moment, look forward to the change, knowing that this move will be a positive and rewarding experience. I've added to the tips, so my advice may or may not be helpful. Its coming from a woman who says, there is no such thing as de-stressing your move! Most people agree that moving is stressful. Some people argue that it's the most stressful thing that anyone can do. While I agree, there are lots of ways to reduce the stress of moving so you can actually enjoy the moment, look forward to the change and know that this move is a positive and rewarding experience.

Give Yourself Time

Time is not always in your control. Sometimes a move sneaks up on us and we have to act fast. For me it was a matter of getting things done and still leaving enough out to use until the big day! It's not at all that easy, and for those who think it is.....ugh! Never mind......you do not want to open up "this" can of whoop ass! 

Get Organized

Make a list of all the tasks you need to do, then divide them into weeks, allowing yourself enough days to complete everything on that week's list. If you're unsure where to start, ask for help....no wait...don't, Trust me so much easier to go it solo. I'll be a bitch for a week, good thing is, ...I'll be in the car on the road and by the time I get to where I am going, if I've not gone totally insane, I'll be just fine.  

Clear Out the Clutter

I recommend you tackle this one first. Don't use it...get rid of it! It will help you be, and feel, more organized. It will also ensure that when you begin packing, you'll only be packing the things that you need to. There's nothing more frustrating than packing items that you're going to get rid of after the move. De-cluttering also helps you unburden some of the old stuff that might have been holding you back. If you haven't used it in 3 months, out it goes.The process itself will help you make that transition between the past and the future; between one part of your life and the next. This will help you feel excited about the upcoming change.

Don't Be Afraid to Ask for Help

Sometimes it's difficult to ask for help. But remember, most people have been through at least one move in their lives and understand how hard it can be. Reach out. Ask friends and family if they can spare a couple of hours. If you're moving far away, this could be one of the last opportunities you have to spend time together.

Say Goodbye

Allow yourself the time to say goodbye. Throw a party. Invite friends out for dinner. Take an hour everyday to walk through your neighborhood. Visit one favorite spot every day. Feel the memories and allow yourself to relive them one more time. This will also help with the transition from the old to the new and give yourself some much needed time to enjoy the moment.

Treat Yourself

During a stressful time like a move, we often don't feel that there's enough time to get all the tasks done, and as such, we often neglect our own needs. I know that I often go without enough sleep, spend long days packing without taking breaks and end up eating junk food just to save myself cooking time, oh, and try dealing with your parents who flew down to help you out...were they really help? Or did they make you even more stressed out? I feel like I am more stressed, on edge, and in knots now vs two weeks ago before they arrived. They yell and say "pack,pack, pack...when are you going to pack?" I say it gets done when it gets done....life is far too difficult to sweat the small stuff but moving is a hassle in a half. I love my parents, but come on, enough is enough already. While it may seem like you're be efficient with your time, you're also neglecting the most important moving tool that you have: yourself. I feel like I am ready for the funny farm. They have no idea what it is like to sell your belongings, start over and pick up the pieces.....NO CLUE.
Wine, bubble bath.....please??
Honestly, if it weren't for one special person, I would not be doing all of this now. I hope he knows how I feel, what I have done for him, and what happiness and new beginnings mean to me......I do not give of my heart freely, for once in my life, it came easy!

 
 
 
© This article  is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie

No comments:

Post a Comment