Friday, September 9, 2011

Seductive Spiced Pumpkin... Hot Cocoa

When I think of the fall, I think of leaves changing colors, and cooler temps...I think about dad dragging us out of our warm toasty beds early Sunday mornings to go sit around a bunch of loud mouth drunks cheering for a team that I didn't even like in football, the Cleveland Browns...and then, years later... I married one. I know, who knew, right? When that wind blew off Lake Erie and you got smacked with those awful lake effect winds, it didn't matter what you were wearing...you still froze to death.


 When I think of cold weather I think of the Cleveland Browns games from my childhood and being in the "Dawg Pound," ice skating at Mill Creek Park, and drinking hot cocoa. I'm not a big hot tea fan, but cocoa... yum! I found this recipe last night and wanted to share it with you...you can make it and drink it when it's a cool night...and save the Reddi Whip leftovers for the next time you want to get romantic with your partner. Consider it like a two for one usage?


I always enjoy using ingredients in more ways than one. Beside who doesn't like to multi-task? Make sure when you go to the market for these items required, that you plan ahead, and make your selection at Simply Delicious Lingerie® for a sassy, naughty piece also....this way you'll really tantalize his taste buds! It's time to step it up a notch ladies...like Def Leppard once sang "I'm hot...Sticky Sweet, From my head to my feet... Pour some sugar on me"...in your case ( squirt some Reddi Whip on me....) This is not only a great way to turn a boring cool evening into a night of seduction, but now it will be quite memorable...and to think that you were only going to make cocoa to stay warm and take the chill off?

 

Spiced Pumpkin Hot Cocoa

Makes 2 servings (if you halve the recipe, just use a little pinch of the nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.)
Ingredients
For the hot cocoa:
3 cups milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the maple whipped cream:
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons maple syrup
any of the following for dusting on top: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, raw sugar


Directions
In a saucepan, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, cocoa, spices and syrup. Heat until steaming, and divide among two mugs.
Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or by hand using a wire whisk, whip the heavy cream with the maple syrup until it forms soft peaks.
Top the mugs of cocoa with spoonfuls of the whipped cream. Sprinkle on a little cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and/or raw sugar if you like.



https://simplydeliciouslingerie.com/blog/category/wine-and-cooking-expertise-guru/







© This article is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment