Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just Be Yourself...Stop Listening To What Other People Think

Are you 100% original? I am. There is no one like me and I like it that way. You either love me or you don't. I'm upbeat, positive, and grateful for all that I have. I have been blessed with good friends and a family like that of no other. Health? Maybe not so much, but not even that has kept me down. Often people get confused with my traits or my personality...why? I haven't a clue. I am a caring, giving, most loving woman and I am always the one who is here to listen and never judge. I was raised with awesome morals and I use them daily whether it be in friendships regarding my personal life or in the business world.

 No, I'm certainly not perfect, and I make mistakes,...but if you asked me today just how happy I am with 'me' I would tell you pretty damn happy. Why? I was never really one for worrying about what others thought of me. I was never an ass kisser and I never will be. I am just me! When it comes to self-improvement I take it all on myself, but we always need a little help from our friends...In my opinion, other people can help or hinder you in doing what’s right for you but NO ONE other than you knows what is right for you, and there is absolutely NO ONE other than you who is looking out for your best interest 100%. No one. Sure people care about you, but at the end of the day, you have to look in the mirror and accept yourself faults and all. You can listen to others tell you what's right or wrong for you until you are blue in the face, nonetheless, guess what...they don't walk every day in your shoes. 

Every one is different and our lives change constantly. This is not meant to scare you, but to liberate and empower you. Once you realize that everyone is doing what’s right and best for them in that moment, you are free to make your own decisions as to what to do for yourself.

Other people spend an awful lot of time, often with the best of intentions, trying to make other people conform to their view of how things are or should be. This can take the form of artful persuasion or it can take the form of bloody warfare; either way the root is the same: trying to impose one’s will on another. This is not good guys...
Once we understand the Law of Attraction, once we realize the awesome creative, reality-shaping power each of us possesses, the implications of such a statement are stark; people’s lives are being dictated by other people. How about yours? How is your life and are you happy with it? That's the question that you should be asking yourself! A

Are you letting someone else tell you what to think and believe and how to live? If so STOP it right now. Don't listen to what others think...you are an original. Quit allowing others to decide how you live! Your life is yours and yours alone. You decide, who, what, where and when things will partake. You decide if you will more forward or fall short only to go backwards. Life is not easy and there are times when we all want to crawl under a rock. Guess what? You need to be brave and strong and determined! Those whom crawl under that rock are giving up. You need to be a fighter. You need to be strong and you need to suck it up. I follow my heart. I listen to my gut, and I take the bull by the horns. Am I a fighter? You bet I am.

The more you push against something, the more you validate and therefore strengthen its existence, so in trying to change something about another person you only enforce the very behavior and situations you’re trying to eradicate. You create the exact opposite of your desired result and, in doing so, reinforce your own belief that the situation is as bad as you thought it was. Don't let fear drag you down. Don't use it as a crutch, and don't let others on the outside meddle and tell you what is best for you. Find your happy place. Trust me, my life has been all but easy and if you have followed my blog from the get-go you know where I am coming from, and where I have been. You also know that I would be the first person in line to cheer you on and to tell you to push yourself harder to be a better YOU! If I had listened to others, I would be living under the rock, but I was not at all going to allow myself to go backwards in life. I had a family to protect and the mama bear came out with her claws ready to fight.

The way to change the world is to change yourself, not other people; live the life you dream of and the world you live in will mold itself to the world of your dreams. My grandmother used to always say that if you were going to dream, dream BIG! It's all that I know, and it is how I raised my children. You can't fail if you don't try. This holds true in life, love and relationships. 

One person is not right and the other wrong. One person’s judgment does not determine another’s worth. One person’s fulfillment is not dependent on another’s approval and one person’s happiness is not determined by another’s actions. You have to make your own happiness, and only YOU are in control of your destiny. Find something that you desire more than anything an go after it. Don't be shy now...if you want it, come and get it.

You and other people are different for an incredibly important reason, one that’s crucial to the very nature and purpose of life in the Universe. The contrast and variety we experience, that which seems to cause so much conflict and disagreement, is the only way for us unique extensions of a singular consciousness to develop preferences and perspectives, the very stuff that desires are made of. And that’s what the Universe is made up, after all: the ever-changing stuff of our desires. 

Here’s how it works with you and your perfect partners in creation known as other people:

  • You change your reality; you call the shots, and you make your own destiny!
  • Other people drawn to your reality gravitate towards you and help strengthen and expand it;Other people repelled by your reality gravitate away from you, keeping you free of their encumbering influence on further strengthening and expanding the reality you’ve created. 





No comments:

Post a Comment