Saturday, May 28, 2011

You are my Drug, I Have an Addiction

Is happily ever after so once upon a time? It's not very often that we find something, or someone that seems to fit so perfectly in our life that we become compelled to want more of it. Every month, week, day and hour we become dependent on this one thing a little more than the last time and we become the addict. It gets to be like a craving that needs fed constantly. There are various forms of addictions....drug addiction, sexual addictions, gambling addictions, alcohol addictions, etc. Like most of these, I'm not that kind of addict. It's something far more than that.....Imagine a runaway train.... My heart, my mind, my thoughts, have been saturated. In a sense you are my drug, and I have an addiction.

 I am not at all the type of woman to let a man creep under my skin. Most men I can read from a mile away. My radar goes off and more often than not,I begin seeing red flags and I fear hearing all of their empty promises. Then one day, when I least expected it, someone from my past comes back into my life and since that day, life has been eccentric, and everything that I knew, has changed. Imagine living in a world where your existence remained the same and then one day, your life is like that of  Alice in Wonderland.....you feel like you're living in a place of make believe,  where all your thoughts escape to, and you're just waiting for that dream to end.....How can someone  make you feel the things that you feel and feed your addictions? That adoration, hunger,…is incredible and knowing that so many women hope for a man like this, I find myself in a world of self-indulgence. The more I hear his voice, the more I want him. Somehow, I feel like I've been given a second chance to start a new chapter in my life. Having learned from so many of my past mistakes, I move forward with caution and wonder into chapter one of new beginnings.

A few things occur.....We can try to fight this feeling and fail miserably, or we can give in to it and as Robert Palmer once said ......you're gonna have to face it you're "addicted to love." Does love really exist and how can you tell if you have these feelings? My feelings have been dormant for so long that I feel disabled at times. His voice enduring, captures my heart. What are the coincidences of finding that one right person that makes you so vulnerable that you begin to wonder if fate has finally stepped in or if this is your destiny calling? I've always been the one to take the path less traveled, and for a few reasons, 1) I am not at all like everyone else, and 2) I prefer the scenic route where things are pure and somewhat undiscovered. To find love would be like an eccentricity of my ordinary common life. There is no being halfhearted. Give this all that you have, for once upon a time may be the only chance you get!





24 comments:

  1. Interesting concept you have. Must admit, I enjoy reading all of your articles. Such passion in them, and enjoyable. Your sense of humor shows that you are comfortable in your own skin. Does this mean that you are not single?

    Evert Halloway
    Reno, NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice verbage....love your style. You really know how to embrace your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be one lucky man. Does he know that he is your addiction?

    Bruce Mellowitz
    Sharon, PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want what your having for breakfast! I used to believe in the fairly tale way but not anymore. Not until now that is- you've given me hope that love still exists.

    Darryl T
    Memphis, TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a way with words. Some addictions are expensive, and after reading other articles I came back to this one with the question- does he know that Prada is a costly addiction? I presume you have an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I say don't let this opportunity pass you by. Your life seems like that of a fairy tale, but your words tell me you are very vocal which is a good thing. Have you ever thought of submitting some of this stuff for publication?
    When people read your work, we see it through your eyes- you become the readers addiction.

    Maria Sanchez
    Alburqueque, NM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll gladly be your addiction.
    Where are try-outs being help?

    Jon P
    Buffalo, NY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet you are a hot one in bed. He is a very lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms Delicious. Following you on Twitter, love your posts. Nice articles, you single?


    Terrance L
    Baton Rouge, LA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for all of the nice notes and comments. I am spoken for. I finally found a someone special to make me smile and laugh like no one has in a very long time. I am happy. It's funny,I traveled the globe searching for that one piece of the puzzle and found him practically in my own front yard.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy reading your articles. My wife actually reads them and we laugh together.You have humor and style. This and and an earlier article about Cinderella really stood out. Good luck with the Prince/Addiction, hope you have manys of memories. It will be our 40th anniversary, she was my princess.

    Merryl & Chandra Willit
    Norfolk,VA

    ReplyDelete
  12. If he screws up, I'll be waiting in the wind.

    Kenny W
    Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your post, your style and humor. Keep it coming, I watch for your new blogs daily. Let me know when your coming for the lingerie trade shows, I owe you a nice dinner.

    Ted Lewis
    Las Vegas, NV

    ReplyDelete
  14. "The more I hear his voice, the more I want him"
    reading your words that line in particular shows that whoever this guy is he is one special man. It sounds like you've waited for the right one for a long time. Best wishes to you.

    I have a story like yours.,I met my dream guy 10 yrs ago. Little did I know we knew each other long before this. We went to daycare together when we were 7 years old and our family moved away. We met again in college through friends and it was as if no time had ever passed. It just felt right. We are engaged after 8 months and getting married in the late fall. Your articles are positive and upbeat, some very funny, shows character.

    Keep'em coming!

    Linda McGunnes
    Stanton, PA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to know what this guy has that makes him so right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. To the anonymous writer that asked me; "What does he have that makes him so right?"....
    I say,he has EVERYTHING!! For years I have searched for that one man that could make me giddy,happy, confident,feel sexy, sensual and classy all rolled into one. I wanted the man who would actually listen to me speak, who gives me advice, pays me compliments. He is the man who makes my heart skip a beat, picks out all of my typos and was just awarded the position of my professional proof reader which entitles him to hours of endless laughter, watching me research articles, while running a few businesses. He is a hard worker with a life of his own. He knows how to balance, and he accepts me for who I am. What else could a woman ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sound so sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should give lessons. Most women that I know of are materialistic and wouldn't know love if it jump out and bit them.
    Lucky man this guy is.....lucky lucky guy.

    Terrance K
    Boston, Mass

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice article. You make it easy to read and have emotions and skill with writing techniques. Quite the combo. Keep'em coming Michele. Simply Delicious Travel? Can't wat to book with you! Did you merge that with Savin Travel, I am assuming? Turks & Caicos in the fall with friends. Help me find a great rate?!!

    Tammy Lestinui
    Cleveland, OH

    ReplyDelete
  20. Michele, We love reading your articles! Well done! Looking forward to seeing your new sites. Best Wishes!

    Larry & Caroline Maddadore
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow......how did I miss post earlier? Your writing is soothing, and your true personality shines through Michele. Best of luck to you!


    Glen
    Tuscon, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ms Michele, You never let your readers down. Somehow I missed this story months ago. I printed it and sent it to a friend of mine who has the same story almost as yours. Love is crazy and it doesn't come around all that often. You know when you know...keep up the blogs we all LOVE YOU!

    Carry Nethers, Asheville, NC

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of your finest posts dear. Quite pleasant to read. I feel you speak through your words.

    Karen M
    Apex, NC

    ReplyDelete