Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Do we really need the icing?

Makeup is only the icing on the cake - it doesn't create your personality or your being. How many women do you know of that wake up an hour early in the morning to shower, have their coffee and put on their face? I know several...not me, No Sir!! I was raised the old fashion way. I wasn't allowed to put a stitch of make up on before I was 16 and if I got caught with it on, my mother punished me. She said it covered the real me. She taught me to let the "unique me" as she called it, shine through.....

I'm not saying that women who wear make up are bad, on the contrary, most are quite beautiful!
I wear it....but what I am trying to say is that I just don't think you need to apply it so carefully that it takes hours to complete, or wear so much that you need 5 different creams and another hour at night to take it off! Try going the less complicated route.... make up, curlers,..... glamorous? Yes, but lots of work. Ladies, take back some of your time! A light cream foundation, a splash of mascara, and some gloss on your lips is all you need!

Make up is far too much work for me....give me 10 mintues in the morning and 10 minutes at night and I am out the door or under the covers long before you've even stripped off the first few layers. Eye care remover, facial scrub, toners, astrigents, gels, anti-aging creams, anti-wrinkle crap...what next? I'm 47 and I use good old fashion soap and water! H&B companies probably hate women like me, however, less make up is less harsh on my skin and I want to still look like I'm in my 40s when I'm in my 60s!

 Try this; look in the mirror and tell yourself: I am the icing on the cake! I'm classy and sassy! Your inner beauty is just as sexy as what so many try to enhance on the outside. A man wants to see the real you, ...so ask yourself this..."Will he like what he sees when he wakes up next to me?" The less make up you wear, and the more "you" he'll see, and love! Most men don't like high maintenance...so keep it simple!
Badda boom badda bing!




3 comments:

  1. I love a women who wears very little make up. I get to see the true beauty!

    Vincent D
    San Juan, PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer seeing a woman with less make up, and frankly I love simple. Anyone that takes as much time to apply her face as it does for me to commute to and from work is too much for me. I say bring sexy back MssDelicious....way to go!

    Donte' Sullivan
    Vail, CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men love natural. Some enhancing is ok, but there are some women that go overboard. Don't do it. My suggestion; Find that inner beauty and confidence ladies just like MsSimplyD stated in the article and men will like you more. I want a woman that still looks like she is in her 40s when she's in her 60s. I can't speak for other men, but I enjoyed your article.

    Armando Sully
    Portland, OR

    ReplyDelete