Sunday, January 1, 2012

Don't Get Ripped off with Car Services in NY

Think Twice Before Calling Best Way Car Service in Brooklyn New York:

I'm never one to complain as I realize that there are days when we have problems and are not at our best...I understand that completely. If they have a problem with me I will gladly apologize, however, this was certainly no excuse and I'd like my money back. The cost? Nearly $100 total and angered to say the least. A few years back I took my family to London England and it cost us $90 from the Heathrow Airport to our hotel. It was quite a distance away and very profession. That's the most I've ever spent on a car service until this experience. Had there not been a lot of luggage, the train/subway to the airport would have been the #1 choice.

My company used this car service recently and I've never been so disappointed in someone that calls themselves a professional service. A staff member was picked up in Brooklyn NY and taken to Newark NJ Airport on New Years Day. The fares were far higher than the company I generally use. The rate did not include fees, tolls, and gratuity. Generally I tip quite well, in this case, I must admit, to say I felt swindled would be an understatement.  The driver was rude,used profanity, kept spitting out the window, was reckless, ran a red light, and then made me pay in cash. Make sure if you use this company not to rely on paying via credit card.

This was no professional car service in my opinion. If they have a problem with my review I recently gave them, they can phone me. The truth is the truth, their service was AWFUL! I sure am glad that this was the end of the trip and not the beginning or it would have been upsetting.

My recommendation if in NYC or Brooklyn and you need a good reliable friendly car service,...call Eastern Car Service @ 1-866-499-7177. They are caring, courteous, pleasant to converse with, and always on time. All in all, as a business owner, with this experience, I was quite frustrated, and hoodwinked.


2 comments:

  1. I second that notion. I too used this company a month ago at Thanksgiving time. They hiked up rates and spoke nothing of the tolls being extra. It would have been cheaper to change my flight than it was to ride with them. Word to the wise, listen to MssDelicious, I stand behind her on this one as a business owner myself. Thanks for the tip, I'll call Eastern Car Service next visit.

    Gary F
    Boise Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both right. I used them too and they sucked. High prices,rude driver, and drove like a 5 year old. I thanked God when I finally arrived at the airport. Who hires these idiots and do these drivers have real drivers licenses, how does the state of NY test? Thanks for the advice.

    Lydia Tidwell
    Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete