Thursday, December 22, 2011

Excellent Customer Service for the Holidays and Everyday...

I enjoy shopping for loved ones, family members, friends and coworkers. What makes it even a better experience is when you find someone that goes that extra mile for you to really seal the deal, whereas that customer service representative will go over and above what many others would do. Why? Because they love to mingle with people and they know how to provide excellent customer service. I'm about to share with you superb customer care I received today that I felt needed to be spoken of.

When I grew up my parents raised myself and my siblings to treat others as we would wish to be treated. Those are powerful words and the best advice anyone could have given me as a child and young adult. Here's why...as I got older and matured, I married and started a family and raised my children to treat others with dignity and respect just as I did. When you do this, people take notice. Giving to those who cannot do for themselves is one of the best gifts. We don't about what we do, we just do it. We aren't ever looking for praise, we do it out of love.

 It is much better to give than to receive. With this time being the holidays we look for great deals and what we love even more so is when we come in contact with a salesperson/customer service representative who has style, class and above all, a terrific personality. When you have these there things you can sell a product to anyone even if they don't need it. Why? Because these people give us a sense of security with these products. My grandmother always used to say, "If you can't stand behind your words, you have no right trying to sell the product!" She was quite a wise woman. She raised me to believe in karma. Do I? You bet I do!

I want to talk to you about a company that I have been using for a few years and one that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's called Restaurant.com and you can find it on the web at; http://www.restaurant.com/. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and they are an SSL site, which means they are secure so your information and credit card info is safe with them!

Generally, I go to this site to buy gift cards for restaurants and its as easy as 1,2 3. Their specials are GREAT! A few days ago I learned of a sale through my son, a  holiday sale where you could buy a $25 gift card for only $1.00! Imagine that? These restaurants are pretty much giving you food for free to frequent them. If you've never heard of this place before for goodness sakes, check them out now. This special is going on through Christmas Eve and when you enter the code: JOY at checkout it changes your prices to $1.00 per $25. See the coupon below.

Listen,...guys and gals take advantage of this right away! Make sure that you read the rules and stipulations for each restaurant as they do have rules. Some can't be used on weekends, some on holidays, generally this does not include alcohol, etc. However, they are the way to go with gifts! Everyone loves to go out to eat and try new places. A few months back I went to NYC in Manhattan (Upper East Side) to visit my son and took a bunch of these gift cards. We had great food and service. I did the same for my daughter who lives in Houston Texas and we tried a number of great places there too! In both cases, we went to places that one might never think of to go at any other time. Listen...I love trying new places, and I am NOT knocking chain restaurants...BUT step outside of the box/your comfort zone if you've not yet and do yourself a favor and try new places! You'll love them and you'll be so happy that you did!

My story to you today is about an extraordinary young man who works for a company called Restaurant.com named Miguel Lara. When I ran into trouble with my order, I called and was directed to him to assist me. This man is amazing and had all the answered. He assured me that I would have time to purchase my certificates until Christmas Eve. (Apparently, so many people are trying to buy these that the servers are busy and if it kicks you out, you have to start over trying again at a later time) This had never happened to me before ever, but then again I've never seen a sale such as this.

Miguel was upbeat, friendly and quite outgoing. He first asked me my name, and my email address to check my account. He chuckled when I said Michele@SimplyDeliciousLingerie.com. I told him "I own a lingerie shop and that I am building a new one for plus sizes." I love what I do! I gave him my website; http://www.simplydeliciouslingerie.com/ He immediately started a friendly conversation about my business all the while discussing the various perks for Reataurant.com. He reminded me a lot of myself and the customer service skills that I have and I was extremely  impressed with his actions!

 I gave Miguel this information about me for one specific reason. I have a blog on my website at the top left of the homepage and I write about a variety of things. I was so intrigued by his pleasant personality and his willingness to go above and beyond to help a gal out that I wanted everyone to know that there are wonderful people that care about you and who love servicing you! Miguel treated me with great respect. He was  admirable , ambitious and fabulous! Any company would be blessed to have such a salesperson working for them. Because of Miguel, I will tell friends and share blogs and continue to patronize http://www.restaurant.com/ in the future! Thank you Miguel so much for making my day one to remember and for allowing me to write about you today. Happy Holidays to you and your family!







© This article is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michele it's Miguel :) I really do appreciate what you wrote abbot me and I'm glad I was the lucky one to get you on my extension out of all the representatives that work for our company. It was more than a pleasure speaking to you and it was worth the 17 minutes. I had gotten in a little trouble for going over the call time but hey, our main goal is customer service and I delivered. Not by being fake and scripted but by being myself. All our representatives are like that and we enjoy our job. I'm sure if you would've gotten any other representative, you would've received the same treatment. It was really a pleasure talking to you and I am extremely happy that I was able to help you out with everything. Your website is amazing and my girlfriend and I will both be using it :) I will recommend this to everyone I know. Your an incredibly outgoing woman and hearing just bits and prices of your life helped show me how kind and giving you are. That will take you farther in life than you will ever know. I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas and I know your kids appreciate the amazing loving mother they have. Happy holidays and thank you again for everything.

    ReplyDelete