Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Real Life Cinderella Story....

Some might say that a new pair of shoes is all that you need to feel like a true Cinderella...some say that  there is no such thing as love at first sight, or paths crossing at the right time. I beg to differ. I believe that fate is something that no one can predict. I believe that things happen for a reason, and that two people meet because they are supposed to. We read fairy tales and hear stories about true love such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and others... but how often do you hear of stories in real life that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up because it is such a magical story?

Today I was working my part time gig at a well known candle company. It was our Halloween Preview Party and I got to play the role of the Fairy Godmother. Each year the stores choose what they are going to dress up as and after last year when we were all superheroes we decided on Disney Princesses! They young ladies that I work with make my job exciting and fun! I love people and I love the chit-chat. I make more new friends and people would tell you that I am a social butterfly.

To those who do not know me, they will generally ask me what I do and what it is that I love?
Besides running my two online lingerie businesses, this job at the candle store allows me to mingle with guests, share product knowledge, sell, sell, sell, and learn about my customers on a personal level. Every now and again I hear a story that I absolutely must share.

Today a woman walked in chuckling because I was dressed up in costume. She looked at me and said "Ok, I'll bite, whats the deal with the costumes?" I explained that today was our Halloween Preview Party and that we were all Disney Princesses as I pointed out Snow White, Cinderella, Princess Jasmine, and Ariel (The Little Mermaid.)  I told her that I was the Fairy Godmother and asked if I could Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo her a fairy tale come true such as sending her a prince charming? She looked at me and laughed and said 'Boy do I have a story for you, and you bet you can work your magic on me!'

When this woman was 18 she took a trip to Mexico. Her flight was delayed and she ended up missing this flight and having to find another one. On this particular flight she found her seat and as she was putting her things in the overhead when a very handsome man behind her smiled at her. She was intrigued by him immediately. They ended up talking on the plane and spending time together in Mexico. After that they kept in touch and dated long distance for over 2 years. He proposed! She said YES! Then a few weeks before the wedding she got cold feet and backed out leaving him heart broken and alone. She was afraid to move so far away as he was from Mexico.

A few weeks ago this woman was on Facebook and happened to find this gentleman's sister, was it a fluke? She immediately sent a friend request and the woman accepted it. She then asked how this man was after 30+ years? It turns out that he had married and then divorced. This woman was married and now divorced too! They both lived separate lives and had families of their own. This man though after all these years still thought about this woman. His sister invited this woman to Mexico to a family wedding where she is going to fly to see her prince after 30 years to see if they can reconnect. She asked me if I believed in second chances? I say YES! I believe in destiny and fate. She was in tears talking about this and I stood there with my mouth wide open in an intense conversation with her. I begged her to come back into the store in October and share with me how the trip goes?

The moral of the story is this; dreams do come true. Fairy tales are our own realities, and life is short so if you are lucky enough to find love, chase it, follow it and grab hold of it! We all have a little Cinderella inside of us and there is a fairy godmother called 'fate' watching over us! My grandmother used to say that patience is a virtue and that you'll find true love when you are least expecting it. It's all about believing....and finding someone, like a pair of shoes that is the perfect fit!






No comments:

Post a Comment