Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Raising Our Children with Ethics, Morals and Values

How we raise our children speaks volume about who we are as parents. How our children act on our teachings as adults is strictly up to them. I believe that when you show love in your household and teach your children ethics, morals and values, it makes them a better person. I believe that we pave the road for our children and their future by raising them with the basic and loving fundamentals that we were taught. No, we are not perfect parents, nor can we make our children turn out perfect young adults, but we can guide them and kick them in the ass when they take a wrong turn. (just kidding)

I was raised with love and kindness and that is how I raised my children. I had the luxury of not only being raised by two wonderful parents, rather 4 grandparents and one great grandmother. That's 7 fantastic people that influenced my life. My children had two parents, 4 grandparents and 3 great grandparents. Am I proud of them today? You betcha I am. They have never shown me disrespect and they always took my advice whether they wanted to hear what I had to say or not. I think somewhere deep inside, even if they were not happy at times with what I had to say, they knew that 'ole mom had a good head on her shoulders!' 


Here’s a story to share with you. When I am not trying to be the best aunt, daughter, friend mom and sister I can be, when I am not out saving relationships, or pinning my blogs, DIY projects or recipes on Pinterest…when I am not tweeting about sales at my stores, making new friends on Facebook or trying to make it big in the panty world, I also work a part time job in sales with a group of young ladies that are quite special to me. I call them my very own “Fab 5” and the old boys of Michigan U of M don’t have anything on these ladies! They are my superheroes. These women give me hope, encouragement and a reason to keep on blogging and selling lingerie. They are my cheerleaders and they motivate me! Let me not forget someone else, lets call her Jordache,who is no longer working with us but remains dear to me and I miss her and her funny stories.

Oh how I love when these women come to work and tell me about their lives,... and by now they all know that they should really watch what they say as their conversations are the best blogging materials for new articles. 

Often, I wake up knowing what I want to write about, and other days, I have to ponder it a bit. Or, I go into work and one of the gals tell me about something that happened that makes me want to share it with all of you. Here’s my story about raising your child with morals. Last week, one of these gals came in and told me that she was asked to prom. It wasn’t just any invite, it was what every young lady could ever probably wish for and not just for some formal dance, but to her senior prom. This young lady wanted an invite to her prom. She had the perfect dress picked out and all that she needed was to be asked. Oh, she got invited, but allow me to share with you the thought that this young man put into his invitation; and to all of you other young men, do take notes: 

He started by putting a teddy bear and a note in her car at the end of the day last week. The note said “when you get home, go to your front door” so she did…and at her front door was a bouquet of roses along with a note that said; “arrange these in order and call this number.” She did just that and when she put them it order it spelled the word ‘PROM!’ She then called the number left with the note. This young man told her “do not give him her answer yet, he said "I’d like to hear it in person.” Then he told her to go to her front door…so she did. There he was this handsome young man standing on her porch. It was then that he asked her to go to the high school prom with him. 

This young man made a real impression and my guess is that he is already loved by her family. He opens doors for her, walks her to her door, and treats her very much like a lady in every sense of the word. He is good to his siblings and loves his mom. When the topic of dating and relationships came up, she told him that she wasn’t ready for a relationship. He told her that it was all right and that he would wait because she was worth waiting for! Oh, and PS) she said 'YES!' 

KUDOS to the parents who raised such a fine young man and double kudos to this young ladies parents who taught their daughter how to love, be kind to others, to have standards and to never settle. Two kids raised by two separate families who both were loved and nurtured. They have much respect for themselves and for others. This comes from yet how they were raised and the morals and ethics as parents that we instilled.

I get chills when I hear stories like this because in society today, there are far too many children that just don’t get it. Teach your kids to be kind and not mean. Keep your children close and regardless of if they stay, or stray, always know that you gave them all the love that you could, and just pray that someday they see the picture a little bit more clearly! Raising children is not easy! The most important thing is to keep the lines of communication open. 






3 comments:

  1. Michele. one of the best articles yet! You are supermom and such a fine lady. Some guy is going to be lucky to have you, so hold out yourself until you find the very best. You're a great woman and an exceptional writer with heart and integrity. There's a big kudos to you! Missing your smile and quotes for the day...the office just isn't the same without you.

    Darrell V
    Houston TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this write up dear. Cheers to you and your superb parenting skills. Much truth in this matter. Keep the articles coming, love having crumpets and tea with you every day. You bring laughter and joy to my day. I imagine it is lovely spring weather in the states now, yes? Good day to you.

    Adaline
    London England

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article. Good parenting skills do make a difference. I am a teacher at a high school and witness morals and ethics daily.

    Evelyn Dillez
    Atlanta GA

    ReplyDelete