Saturday, November 3, 2012

It’s Your Life… Don’t Let Your Dreams Drift Away



As I am sure that you will agree, making the right choices are never easy, and they certainly never came easy for me...why?  Because for as long as I can remember, I was all about doing what was best for everyone else, and not for myself. Time slipped away and one day I woke up with so many regrets and I realized that this cannot be a good thing. So I ask you...are you a dreamer or a drifter? Someone once told me that in order to be happy with your life you MUST first be happy with YOU! When you awaken each day do you think about your life and do you feel gratified or do you look back with regrets that you didn’t do something that you once wanted to because either it A) wasn’t in the cards for you, or B) were just too afraid to take that leap of faith? Listen to me my friends…I am a woman who has tried almost everything. I work hard, love life and cherish my family and true friends. My life would be non-existent without all of them. What I have learned is that failure is good. It teaches us what we’ve done wrong and we learn how to make it right.


Years ago I thought that I wanted the Cinderella fairy tale, the big wedding and to live happily ever after with the man of my dreams, my first true love. To live in a new home with the picket fence and all the fixings while the kiddos ran around the yard playing. Oh I had it all right, but with a cost. I began living my life for everyone but ME. I gave and I gave and I gave…but then I got greedy and I took, and took and took, until one day I woke up to a life and a marriage that was no longer the way it once was and it was “I” that became the drifter. I did everything that everyone else wanted me to do and nothing that really made me happy. I lost my direction and my life was slowly spinning out of control. I didn’t even know what it was to feel a sense of inner true happiness because for so long I got wrapped up in circumstances that weren’t a  part of who I was. My life became about making others happy and not putting ‘me’ first.

Listen, life doesn’t always go the way we anticipate it to go and needless to say I was caught living a life for someone else and not at all for myself. I didn’t know who I was nor did I understand my own true identity. What I realized was that I no longer had possession of me. I needed to take back who I was and what I valued most, my own happiness. You see, I drifted away from my own morals. I became what everyone else wanted me to be. Be honest with yourself. I was taught at a young age to dream big. Today, I am the BIG DREAMER and I’ve raised my children to be the same way. Life is about trying, not about being afraid to try. So perhaps you mess up? As my friend Tina would say “no big hairy deal!” Your life isn’t over if you screw up a few times along the way…just learn from those mistakes and grow.

Where do you start so that this doesn’t happen to you? If you don’t want to go to college for a degree that your parents chose, don’t. There is nothing worse than having this happen to you and then 20 years later you are working and doing what you hate doing. Do what makes you happy!  If you are gay, get the out of the closet. Don’t hide who you are to make others happy. Life is all about YOUR INNER HAPPINESS my friend. JUST BE YOU! If others don’t like it, they aren’t your true friends. If your family feels threatened by this or ashamed, walk away and let them come to terms ‘their way.’ If you really dislike your boss and your job and you are more of a door-mat than a part of the team, exit quickly my friend. People like these you do NOT need. If you aren’t sure about the man/woman in your life and do not know if a long term relationship/marriage is right for you, don’t do it! Listen to your gut. If you are married or committed to this person already and have been for years yet you think that you’ve hit a brick wall and are at a dead end in your life, for God sakes, find a way to change it!

It’s NEVER too late to take control back and do what you want for YOU! Remember, what you do and how your life turns out is your destiny. You can change it if it doesn’t feel right. You can turn your life around and be that person that you always wanted to be but were afraid to be.
This may mean hurting those that you love and causing chaos in the home front or the work place, but think about this…life is about taking risks. For once in your life, do what makes you feel good. I did, and since then I have lived a life full of guilt-free pleasure.

 There is no more doing for everyone else because they want it, now it’s all about me and doing what makes me happy. Sure I still do things for others, but I do it because I want to, not because I have to. I love my life, and my jobs and my children/family. I love waking up each day and knowing that if I died tomorrow I would have completed most of all the important things on my ‘bucket list.’ #1 was to stepped out of the box and do something that was risky and succeed. I am the proud owner now of two lingerie boutiques online. Prior to doing this, I started a flower shop as well as a travel store. It took trying several new things to determine what it was that made me happy and now my goal is to help other women become more confident and happy with whom they are. Life is about loving who you are. You can make a difference. 

Stop crying, stop nagging, and stop telling others your entire life history and all of your dreadful problems. Arrive to work on time and at a job that you love going to where you are genuinely appreciated at. Take your life seriously, because if you don’t my friend, no one else will. (…and by no one I mean especially your close friends and family.) Not happy? Fix it. Don’t cry to everyone that will listen, no one likes drama. Your life may seem like a three ring circus now but it doesn’t have to feel this way forever. It’s all about taking baby steps. Wake up each day feeling like a million bucks.

If this has not painted the picture for you that you can change your life, then you missed the entire point here.There are no short cuts to take…this time around do what makes you happy even if it means starting over. Can it be done? It certainly can be…Just ask my kids and my family and friends.
 I walked away from everything and started over. I hit more barriers than most will ever see in a life time; nonetheless it has made me stronger, more independent and happier with whom I am. You should try it. I’m not saying in any terms that it will be easy, oh no. It will suck at times…BUT soon things will come together and life will be good again, as it was a long time ago. 

Happiness is the key ingredient in a successful life. Love who you are, respect yourself and don’t be afraid to try something and fail for life is all about failures my friends. Trust me, I hit every brick wall that there ever was and then some, but I didn’t quit and I never backed down. Do not allow the words ‘quit’ or ‘no’ to become part of your vocabulary. I’m nowhere near perfect and oh boy do I have flaws. I am witty and silly and laugh at my own jokes. I give to others who need it, and I share. My friends all know that I am only a phone call, a text or an email away and that no distance is too far when you want to see someone bad enough…I am just me, take it or leave it. 


Be a dreamer, not a drifter. Go after things that normally you wouldn’t. Go up to that man/woman that you have had your eye on for some time and be the first to say hello…open communication is the only place to start. Allow them to see what a great catch you are! Apply for a job that your aren’t totally 100% qualified for but during an interview tell your potential new employer just why you would be the best fit for the job and where you see yourself with this particular company in five years. 9 times out of 10 businesses want to see an assertive, positive person who isn’t afraid to dominate or feel rejected. It shows leadership. Start a business that you’ve always wanted to because it makes you happy. The sky is the limit my friends,…it’s your call. Where will your destiny lead you?



www.SimplyDeliciousLingerie.com



About Simply Delicious Lingerie:
Simply Delicious Lingerie is an online boutique specializing in sexy lingerie from designers such as Carrie Amber Intimates LLC ‘SeventilMidnight’, Be Wicked, Elegant Moments, Fantasy Lingerie, Raveware, and WMS Clothing. Our lingerie is the aphrodisiac of taste, and represents beauty and luxury at an affordable price. At Simply Delicious Lingerie we've personally selected a variety of sexy lingerie just for you and all of your sensuous rendezvous. We sell accessories, Bordello shoes, Pleaser shoes, garter sets, bridal lingerie, bridal undergarments, honeymoon lingerie, wedding day lingerie, wedding garter sets, wedding petticoats, affordable plus size lingerie, Halloween costumes, sexy plus size costumes,  fantasy lingerie, matching lingerie sets, men’s underwear, men’s lingerie, sexy thigh high stockings, satin pajamas, plus size sleepwear, adult novelty items and sex swings including the Whip Smart Pleasure Swing. Have a lingerie party with us and experience fun!  Our mission is to take your sexy lingerie needs to the next level of comfort, intrigue, romance and sophistication. For more information or to place an order today please visit http://simplydeliciouslingerie.com/  Say YES (your everyday sexy) to Simply Delicious Lingerie! ®
© This is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie®   

No comments:

Post a Comment